Monday, May 25, 2009

Cute Expressions

Savannah came to the door to tell me that the mosquitoes were bothering her.

She said, "Mum, the bugs are following to me."

So, I tried to get her to remember what she should say in proper English.

She thought for a moment, and then not one to work too hard, took the easy out and rephrased her sentence and said, "Mum, the bugs are walking with me." *grin*

~~~~~

One day, Savannah comes to me and says, "Mum, I can't found my crack" (interpretation: I can't find my croc (shoe).

~~~~~~

Briton tried to give me a smackeroo on my lips. I said, "No, who taught you that?" Cause we kiss on the cheek in our family.

He said, "Didi."

I said to him, "That's only for when you are married."

He immediately said with great expression, "OH!" and then grabbed my face and gave me a big kiss on the cheek.

~~~~~~

One day, I looked outside and saw that Briton had taken a ball/egg type thing from where I had seen Raine put it at the base of a tree. I figured he was being annoying, and so, I stepped to the door and called out, "Raine, is that an egg?" figuring he had taken it from her 'nest'.

She looks at me and says with scorn, "NO! It's a BOMB!"

What hope is there for these girls being raised with six brothers!
.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny- I love the language efforts.I have fun listening to my youngest struggle with interpretations and meanings !! Very cute- And By the way the bugs follow me around too :)
N

Linda said...

these put a smile on my face. Thanks

Gwen said...

Too cute! The bugs are starting to walk with us here, too... But the crock really made me laugh. :)

Becky R said...

too cute glad to see you are settled into family life with your girls.