Friday, December 4, 2009

Hula Dancing

Raine has begun hula dancing, and she is seriously good at it. When I picked her up after her first lesson, the teacher told me she was good. The next week, she told me she was the best in the class. When I observed her lesson on the third week I could see why she spoke as she did. Raine had learned the entire song in three weeks! There are many, many moves and they just flowed so naturally out of her.

This teacher is very good at what she teaches and has been in many competitions, plus having been to Hawaii multiple times taking lessons from real hula teachers. She tells me that she will be taking the children to competitions in the Big City, but will probably wait a year til she does so. That sounds very exciting, as Raine is really enjoying herself.

This class just began in September and already they have been heard about by people in town. So a couple weeks ago their little class was asked to perform at the old folks home in town. Ray took Raine with Austin and so I didn't get any recordings. Well, I did, but I didn't think you would want to see the floor or the heads of the people. *smile*

We will have future opportunities to showcase her dancing and at that time I will show you. In the meantime, here are some pictures that they took of the little dancer.

Waiting Back Stage

.
Normally, Raine dances in barefeet, but here she is in her studio dress and town shoes.
.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I can't get over how fast the girls are changing Raine looks so grown up in these photos. I can believe she is a good dancer she walks with such grace, like a model.

Gwen said...

This is great. It's so neat that you just can't predict the gifts & abilities of adopted children. Raine really seems to be doing well!

Sharla said...

She looks so beautiful in her hula dress. I know just by how naturally graceful she is that she would be wonderful at this type of dancing. I look forward to seeing a video sometime.