Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cute Little Boys

Ray, Dane and Cassidy were watching the World Junior Hockey Tournament (ages 19 and under) - Russia against Canada. The winner of this game will go to the Gold Game. The other kids were all at the table waiting to begin dinner. I went to the TV room to let Ray, and the boys, know we were ready. As I arrived, the game had 1 minute left in the final period, and Canada was 4, while Russia was at 5. About 10 seconds from the end of the period, the Canadians scored - tieing the game 5-5. The boys were thrilled.

I went back to the dinner table and told the kids what was happening and that we would start without the guys - it was now into overtime and would be a while. Colt prayed over the meal and we began to eat. Cooper then announced he wanted to pray about the game.

He began, "Dear Wohd (Lord), Thank you for Canada score - and not," at this point he paused, not knowing who the other team was.

"Russia," I interjected.

He continued, "Now we're tied and nobody feels bad about wosing (losing). Amen."

I interrupted to say, "We should pray that Canada wins."


Cooper's face screwed up in confusion and he said with concern, "That's wude. (rude)"


In his sweet innocence, he simply felt that noone should win, so that noone felt bad about losing. He had no idea of the importance of this game! *grin*

.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

hahaha, that's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great if we all saw the world from this angle, no winners, no losers, just have some fun. I'm with Cooper that would be nice.

Playful Platypus said...

I agree with Cooper. How's God supposed to decide between all the Canadians praying Canada will win and all the Russians praying that Russia will win?!!? Let Him make up His own mind!

Anonymous said...

THAT is why you need to keep on blogging. How priceless is that! :)

Shelley in BC

HomoHausfrau said...

SO PRICELESS!
I love it!

Thanks for sharing!

Renee said...

Justine my dear, I finally seem to be getting caught up with your family during my coffee shop experiences while sans internet abilities. I need to phone you, so much to catch up on! Meanwhile girlie, i want to send hugs and kisses to you and have just awarded you the "Marie Antoinette Award" on my blog. Thank you for being YOU. Hugs;Renee