Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hair Styles

Raine's new extensions. This time we did the yarn extensions. They took less time (9 hours instead of 11) and look more real. This picture was taken before I trimmed the bottom of her hair. It was much nicer than working with synthetic hair. My husband and Cassidy went to the wool shop without me and did the choosing. I am impressed. They brought home three shades: one grey/black, one dark brown, and one black. Combined they created a really nice look. Everywhere she go people comment on her hair. They have been in for two weeks so far and they show no signs of wear. The last extensions lasted for eight weeks before I took them out. By then they were looking like dreadlocks. :o)

Savannah had her hair done in Christmas colours (could also be Ethiopian colours!). I actually find that with baby soft hair they don't keep the beads and styles very long. So I end up doing something cute and it lasts for a few days to a week. In this style I put an elastic on the pony, then I beaded three beads and then I joined the tail of that one to the beginning of another pony tail. At that point I added the two together and wrapped an elastic around them and then added more beads. In this manner, her beads are actually very securely attached to her head. They do not hang loose and I got a good week out of them.

If I did the same style to Raine they would have been attached for at least a month. Raine and Savannah's hair could not be more different! Raine's hair is a coarse, thick texture, and Savannah's is soft and fine. I condition them the same, but Raine' is different.
Here Savannah's hair is in cute little triangles. So sweet for a cute little girl!


.

3 comments:

dmvoccola said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of work! It is impressive when it is done, but sheesh! I don't know that my hands could do that without cramping.

Linda said...

What a talented Momma, you must have a bundle of patience as must the girls to sit that long. Great job.

Karen said...

WOW! Those are amazing! I LOVE them!