Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cooper - My Boy Who Needs to Eat

Cooper is a boy that must always have food. We discovered this when he was a seven month old baby. He cried and didn't sleep. It was so difficult. He looked healthy enough! Seriously, the doctors saw nothing wrong with him, but he was miserable.

Then one day I gave him solid food for the first time. They say to give a couple teaspoons the first time. Yah, right! I began with that but Cooper almost ate the spoon. I kept on feeding him, until he was satisfied. That baby ate about 1.5 cups of home ground cooked rice in his first meal! And that was just the beginning. He continued to eat at this pace and has never stopped. But that night was the first time he slept properly for months!

The other day, Cooper was hungry. Cooper is always hungry. But I always say to the kids to get themselves a bun or some fruit or whatever I am offering for snack that day. But I figured it was time for Cooper to learn to make himself a sandwich, so I said, "Cooper, you can make yourself a sandwich."

He beamed. And off he went.

I expected him to make himself a Cheese-Whiz or jam sandwich. A little while later, I came in the kitchen and found Cooper with a smorgasbord. *grin*

Raine came into the kitchen while Cooper was making his snack and had a real giggle. No kidding! He was making himself a sandwich just like his dad would do for his work lunches, and he did a fine job!



Cooper is happy to know that he is now the Master Sandwich Maker and he can now make sandwiches like his Dad.
.

No comments: