Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cassidy's Carrots and Austin the Entrepreneur

Cassidy did a fine job with his garden this year. His carrots sprouted and when we came home from our holiday he picked some.


The little ones enjoyed their snack of carrots.

Austin and Cassidy did a deal. Austin bought some carrots from Cassidy for 12 cents a carrot. He used his pennies, which he didn't want, to purchase the carrots.

Cassidy gave him the carrots and then Austin sold them to me for 15 cents a carrot. The deal began that he would sell them to me for a dime. I told him that that was 2 cents less than he was paying for the carrots. He said he didn't care. He just wanted the dimes versus the pennies. So funny.

I didn't want to take advantage of him, and I really wanted to see this entrepreneurial spirit take off, so I told him I would pay him 15 cents each. At the end of the deal Cassidy was happy with his $2.40 worth of pennies, as he is collecting pennies, and Austin was happy because he made $3.00 by selling them to me!

Cassidy's More Mature Carrots
.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Just think of how big a garden he can have next year, you'll need a tractor. Good job Cassidy there is nothing nicer than fresh veggies.