Saturday, October 11, 2008

Canadian Citizenship


I am beginning the process to apply for Canadian Citizenship. I would love to leave the country in the winter of this year and go somewhere warm as a family. We have some good friends who are sailing south for the rest of this year, right up til next August. We could meet up with them in Guatemala or Costa Rica. How nice does that sound? A girl can dream! (Not that Ray hasn't entertained the same thoughts!)

In the meantime, I have filled in all my forms for their Citizenship, and am just waiting on the Permanent Resident Visa cards to show up in the mail. I am HOPING that they applied the names that were written by the agent on the paperwork, versus the legal name written on the papers! If so, it could eliminate a step for us of a legal name change. We shall see. At the moment, I have all the paperwork filled out for the legal name change, but if the PRV comes in in the names we have changed them to: Gadisae Song Savannah versus Gadise Adugna, then we will be simply applying for Citizenship.

And then, who knows how long it will take. I know the name change should take about 3 weeks, plus then Citizenship.
.

No comments: