Monday, August 30, 2010

4 x 4 on the Land

My brother came for a visit this month and brought his jeep. This thing has *tires*. Huge!


He decided he wanted to go out and see what our land was like. I had never been to one side of our property before so this was a great opportunity. He had a little laugh at me when I said that. He said, "I have always wanted to say, 'I haven't seen the other side of my property.'" I guess it did sound funny. He is a city boy and to own a large chunk of land would be a treat for anyone!

First, he and Ray spent time pouring over the plans. They used to build houses together and had many a crazy guy adventure! And now I have sons that are nearly the age they were when they began working together. Oh my! Does time fly.

After checking out the plans we headed out. Just the three of us. Same as the old days.

On the *Other* Side of the Tracks

The stuff we drove over was remarkable!! Trees and mess everywhere and the jeep didn't have a problem. If you see blurry pictures it is because we were moving and I couldn't keep the camera still!

Yes, we went right through the trees in front of us!


And over this mess...


And when we came back we found six children sitting in a boat on a pile of logs in the middle of the meadow.

Children Waiting For Parents Return From Land Adventure


We then drove over to the boys "Race Track". I have seen them booting it around there. They have a couple of rings and loops that over lap each other. Very fun! Carl decided he wanted to take a run at it, so he drove on in. He was laughing and having a ball at the fact that the kids were going to catch up being 'naughty' ripping around their race track in a jeep! It was fun.

It didn't take long for the rug rats to catch up with us! Soon they were lining up for rides.

Look how filthy they are! Boys.


Check Out Those Guys Grinning
.

No comments: