Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Delayed Valentine's Gift

When Colt left last year, the children and I worked to create a present for him. It was to be a picture that said I Love You. I planned to use the children's bodies to create the letters of his name.

 First, I had the girls do the O.

 

 And then the boys made the letter L.

 

Everyone was cooperative, except for Briton. He wasn't exactly uncooperative; he was simply a little scared of being the T. lol

 
He was a little panicked because he had no clue what they were doing with him!

Do you wonder why he was nervous? Seriously, I know he was safe, but it looks a little freaky! lol

  

And the finished result of the picture was our letter T.

 As soon as Cassidy put him down he ran to safety behind the girls. Poor little guy!

 

Do not get me! I am not doing that again!
Savannah looks a little amused, while Raine looks compassionate. *grin* Before a minute went by, Cassidy was after him to help make the letter C. We tried to tell him it was not going to be up in the air. It would be a nice letter. Boy, did he run! All around the yard. *grin*


Kicking and Objecting

Once we caught him and lay him down he settled, realizing it really wouldn't be scary. The only reason Briton got chosen to make the T was because he was the only one small enough to lift up over Cassidy's head.


The final result - the letter C. 

After we had made the name C O L T, we wrote I LOVE YOU.

I

LOVE

 YOU
Then on Colt's last day with us we had a turkey dinner - a Goodbye Colt dinner. 

 

We gave him the picture that we had made for him last year. We had planned to give it to him in February that passed, but the timing wasn't right, as it would have had to be mailed to him. So this was perfect because it meant he could take it with him to where he will be living at college.


And now he's off. Off to B.C.I.T.. More on that later.
.



2 comments:

Linda said...

What a neat idea. I'm sure he appreciated it.

Sharla said...

great idea!