Thursday, May 13, 2010

Austin's Trip to a Wedding

There was a wedding take place at our church a few months ago. The pastor stated that the ceremony would be open to anyone who wanted to attend. It was his daughter getting married. Austin told me that he had never been to a wedding and he really wanted to attend. He also had a suit that was given to him and he was always looking for an opportunity to wear it.

Austin is a unique little individual. When he was eight years old, he wrote messages on a bunch of papers of 8x11 size. The papers were all handwritten and said, "I want to tell you something. God loves you." He applied a sticker that was related to God and he got my permission and he went door to door. Now, this is not something that I would normally do! But this child has always had a heart for the Lord. His prayers were amazing at a very young age, and I knew that he really wanted to share God's love, so I let him. His big brother waited out on the street, while Austin did his evangelizing. smile.

So when Austin informed me that he wanted to attend this wedding, who was I to say no? I implored the kindness of an older brother, once again. And he kindly agreed. It was walking distance from our home, so off they went.


Racing to Catch up With His Chaperone

Austin enjoyed the wedding and thought it was 'kind of cool'. You see, ever since I can remember it has been Austin's hearts desire to get married and have children. And that is how I was. So it makes me wonder just how big his family might be? lol He will be a wonderful daddy no matter what.
.

2 comments:

Mrs Changstein said...

Pretty special boy!!

Linda said...

Awe too bad Austin and Penny are not the same age that was always her hearts desire too. She is about to experience part of that dream and I am so proud of her for having the courage to follow her dream even when life didn't go quite as planned. Please tell Austin I said he looked real sharp in his suit.