Thursday, September 2, 2010

Briton's Date

There was one week this summer when Raine and Savannah went to Ballet Camp, and Cooper and Austin went to an Entomology Camp.

Regarding the Bug Class: I thought it was a nature class that was to appreciate bugs. I figured they would be watching butterflies and maybe catching them, sketching them and letting them go. Not so. It turned out they were impaling them on a board!


The girls, Briton, and I, were not sure what to think. Actually, the children were plain horrified. I, on the other hand, was not sure if this was a valuable lesson, or just plain horrible. Still thinking about it.

Normally, my way of observing nature is to catch it or watch it and then sketch it using the creature and or nature books, and then let it go. So I am not sure about bugs stuck to boards.

So, while the children were doing their classes this week, I decided that Briton and I should have a date. I took him to Tim Horton's for coffee. The deal was that he would eat his oatmeal in the morning without dragging it out forever. He has a problem with that... The first two days he didn't make it. The next three days were wonderful.

We walked into Tim Horton's and I ordered our drinks: hot chocolate for him and a decaf-mocha, heavy on the hot chocolate for me. I then explained to the lady that we were on a date, and he had to pick his donut. She smiled, as did all the people that waited patiently in line as he took his time making his most important decision!


He surely enjoyed his treat!

Briton was so meticulous cleaning up after his treat. When he had finished his donut, before he used his napkin, his whole hand disappeared into his mouth as he made sure that not one drop of that sticky sweetness was wasted! *grin*

The next day he decided he was going to order the creamy cinnamon bun that I had tasted the day before.



.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron