Monday, November 15, 2010

Feeling Rather Weak

I don't even know how to start. This is not about Cooper. I will update on that later. And thanks for praying regarding that!

This is about what feels like a barrage of attacks on our family over the last two months. Right now, I am so overwhelmed that I feel like crying myself into a puddle in the corner of the laundry room. Sounds pathetic, I know. SO many things have hit us so hard lately and this week takes the cake.


I am only sharing this so that I can beg you to pray for us. In this last week, I have had to:

deal with a car accident, and the shock and anxiety of driving again;


driving for five hours on a road trip that I didn't want to take;


taking my child to Children's Hospital to see why he is having problems with his vision - having to face a CT scan and having an unsolved mystery at the end;


having my husband's grandmother die - the very sad loss, and then the subsequent sending of him out of town for eight days,


while at the same time having to leave five children home alone. Not really alone, as we have a dear Gramma type staying some of the time with them and popping in and out through the day, but still something I have not done before;


then on top of all this we have a situation with our builders mortgage. A mistake was made by someone in power - either the broker or the money lender. Either way they have only advanced us 1/3 of the amount of our first draw. (Which should have been 42% of our mortgage amount). We have to pay our trades. There is no way we can move toward the second draw, if we do not receive the other 2/3. I do not know who is at fault. I do not care. I have no clue what to do. It is not our problem. But tomorrow I need to hear that they have solved the problem and the money will be advanced. It should have been advanced three weeks ago.


This last problem cropped up on Friday. I thought it would be resolved by today. I didn't know they were going to stand by the mistake and say 'oh well. that's the way it is.' We need it resolved.

A week ago, after I had already dealt with 2.5 months of huge hits (as I listed in a previous email) I wondered what God was teaching me through it all. I was confident in my faith. Still I was looking to see what He was teaching me.

Today, I feel like Job. But I feel so much weaker than Job. Today, I think how much more can I take? It wasn't just business today. (ICBC and mortgage) Today, I dealt with my small son's health; my mortgage company called me at 7:00 pm; and in the late afternoon I took an attack (verbal) from my oldest son. Where!! did that come from??? I was crushed.

So, please, if you are my friends, can you pray for me? I feel like there was one big thing at a time hitting our family, but there was time to absorb the blows. Right now, this week, it is multiple times a *day* that the hits are coming.

Please, please, pray for God's will in our mortgage mess, and for *me* to have the strength to stand strong in my faith. My faith doesn't waver, but my emotional state is rather soggy right now. :o/

Thanks friends.

.

15 comments:

BCMommy said...

Oh Justine! You are going through so much right now! I had a really bad October and November, where I felt like I couldn't do anything right, both at home and at work. I was under attack by parents, my kids hated every meal I made, my husband was not happy because I was too sick to keep the house in order and cook great meals after slogging away at work. i was near breakdown status. I finally feel like I am coming out from under it -a month later.

I am not a religious person, but I am a friend and I will keep you in my thoughts and will send you my good wishes. I hope that your son can see how you are suffering (harsh words from your child can sting more than a punch) and comes to you for forgiveness.

How about a hot bath and a warm cup of tea before an early night's rest?

Claire

Mrs Changstein said...

Praying for you right now - you are NOT alone!! Joshua 1:5-6 "I will not leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous..."

Anonymous said...

I feel for you and have just asked the Lord to show you that he is in control and will work things out. It is so painful when our kids lash out at us. It happens to all of us at some time. Sometimes it has been caused by my actions or words that I didn't realize I had done or said and other times it is just my child's problem but I am the safe one to vent to. Prayer works wonders to change situations as you know. It sounds like you are at the end of your rope and sometimes it is even hard to pray so I will pray for you.

HomoHausfrau said...

Praying for you!

I'd also love to continue reading your blog.

K_I_T_ said...

Justine. I am so sorry. Feeling like Job, is something NO ONE wants to feel like. I WILL pray for you today, every time I give Nev a bottle, and when you pop into my head.

Linda said...

Thinking about you and will definitely pray for you and your family. As far as your son lashing out at you don't take it personally. He is hurting somewhere, probably missing his girlfriend and finding school difficult. They turn on Mom because they know no matter what they say or do we will always love them. You are definitely being tested but you will pass with flying colors. Keep strong, keep smiling and keep your faith, you will make it through this trying time and will hopefully look back one day and have a good laugh. Look at all the wonderful things that have happened lately. No one was injured in your accident, Cooper had a good check up, you had a safe trip down, you got to visit your son :). Like you always tell us, God is good.

Linda said...

Thinking about you and will definitely pray for you and your family. As far as your son lashing out at you don't take it personally. He is hurting somewhere, probably missing his girlfriend and finding school difficult. They turn on Mom because they know no matter what they say or do we will always love them. You are definitely being tested but you will pass with flying colors. Keep strong, keep smiling and keep your faith, you will make it through this trying time and will hopefully look back one day and have a good laugh. Look at all the wonderful things that have happened lately. No one was injured in your accident, Cooper had a good check up, you had a safe trip down, you got to visit your son :). Like you always tell us, God is good.

Hi from Ruth! said...

I will pray for you...oops, wait, I already AM! But I will continue to pray about the various tribulations going on in your life, and will add to the heap your ability to cope with it all. Your last few months would do just about anyone in, Justine - it's ok to feel like sitting down in the corner of your laundry room and crying for a while. In fact, maybe that would be a helpful thing to do.

You're not alone here, my friend. God's got your back in all of this stuff, and he has a plan for your life and for the lives of each of your precious children. And of course, you've got us...your friends.

I'll continue to pray.

Ruth.

natasha salaash said...

I am thinking of you Justine and will pray that things get better.
Natasha

Learning Together at Home said...

I have and will continue to pray Justine. You are not alone. :)
Shelley

11 jewels said...

Hi Justine,

I have been on the island for abit now BUT today I had you on my heart so much that just now I went to check if you have updated your blog.... just to read ALL that you have been dealing with....!!!
WOW !! Not easy ....
So glad that Jesus encourages us to run to the Rock that is higher then us and all our trials !
Sure praying and I send you a big hug.
Alice

Tami said...

Justine, I am so sorry you're having to go through all of this. You're right. It does seem like an attack by the enemy. (I guess the bright side is that he thinks you're enough of a threat that you need to be attacked. ;) We are lifting you up in prayer this morning before the Father...asking for strength, clarity, peace and courage. Hang in there, my dear friend. He's got you! :)

Karen said...

Sure will be praying for you! You are in a tough place, but I am confident that God will see you through it...

Gwen said...

Justine, you're in my prayers as well. Hang in there... faint not, my friend. :) You're sowing in tears, and pretty soon you're going to reap in joy. I'll pray that God gives you strength for TODAY -- and that when you're overwhelmed, you'll be able to head right to that Rock that's higher than you. <3

the Melodious Mama said...

oh honey!! I'm sending big huge crying along with you hugs your way! I don't know what it is with right now but things seem to be heavy everywhere I turn. I am praying for you, that you will be gifted with peace and an emotional burst of energy to handle what comes your way. Sometimes we just need to throw up our hands, surrender and trust that we will be carried through these times of struggle.

I could be found sobbing in the corner of my laundry room just last week... you are not alone:0)

xo