Monday, September 28, 2009

Boys and Dirty Feet

My children bath. I promise they do. Actually, in the summer time they bath every day, and when they come in and go upstairs for quiet time, they stop and wash their feet in the downstairs shower.

And to top this off, they don't even go around the yard in barefeet. I would love them to do this, but I really don't like to *scrub* feet - add it up, I would be scrubbing 10 little feet!!! So they wear crocs. But crocs let in dirt. So their feet get dirty.

And you know, noone is looking at their toes when they are hiding in crocs, so when their toe nails begin to look a little grubby, it can slip by me. Especially, when we have been camping and I haven't been diligent about their toenails.

But still, I say, I *do* scrub their feet.

You wouldn't think it by the pictures I am about to show you!

Tonight, I was busy and I had told the kids to get ready for bed. The boys ran through the shower base and 'washed' their feet. I went upstairs and brushed their teeth. I was just leaning down to kiss Briton and tuck him into bed, when Cooper's feet walked by the end of the mattress.

ACK!!!

"You can't go to gymnastics with feet like that!!" I burst out.

"You mean I can't go to gymnastics!" His eyes filled with big alligator tears and spilled down his cheeks. Cooper is my puppy dog eyes little boy. Big topaz coloured eyes, freckles, and copper coloured hair. So adorable!

"No! It means we will have to *scrub* them. Go get the toe nail clippers, the scrub brush and go get in the shower. Sit down and scrub!"

Off he went to do as he was told. A little while later, he arrived back to me with the toe nails looking just about as bad. His big brother showed up at the same time, so I decided to enlist his help.

"Dane can you scrub this boy's toe nail?" Dane did not look impressed, but he knew I had leverage because he wanted to use his computer games that night, therefore he willingly went.

Moments later, they both arrived back with Cooper grinning and showing me his spotless toenails. Dane laughed as he told me that instead of using the nail brush to scrub his brother's feet, he had used the harsh scrubbing brush. Well, it did the trick.

A Little Red From the Scrubbing

And then I looked down at *AUSTIN'S* feet!!! YIKES!!!!!! Now THAT child I *d0 not* scrub, and yes, they are usually clean when he goes to bed, but as I said, tonight I was busy.


Time to enlist Dane again!

Beginning the Process on Austin's Feet

Cooper's comment when it was all done?

"My toes look like girl's toes, they're so clean!" *grin* Boys! Gotta love 'em!
.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

This made me laugh, because just yesterday I caught a glimpse of my daughter's feet and could not help bellowing, "Get those dirty dogs off my couch!!!" She's 9, and I guess I assume too much in the hygiene department. Yikes!

darci said...

funny funny funny! i caught a glimpse of my daughter's feet a while back (before SNOW hit!) and had the exact same reaction..ack!!
i loved cooper's comment about girls feet..teehee..

Linda said...

Waiting for a new posting and in the mean time I have sure viewed those dirty feet a lot.

Becky R said...

I love the picture in the heading.

This post is so funny, especially since the other day I looked behind my 6 year olds ears and ewww. I wonder did I teach him to wash behind his ears? I guess not. lol

Sharla said...

I miss your blogging my friend...everything all right?