Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Regarding Comments

I just wanted to say thank you for the very kind comments that I have received either privately or through my blog. They always encourage me to continue writing.

I do the blog specifically as a memory book for my children, and secondly, because I love to keep in touch with our close friends and family, and that is there way of keeping up with us, and third, but also important to me, to encourage other families who have, or might be intending on adopting older children from Ethiopia. If it weren't for the third reason, I would take my blog private.

The thing I love about the blogging world (if you are careful in how your write) is the anonymity of it. What I have found is that normally either people I know personally read the blog, or absolute strangers who can't 'see into our backyard'. There is safety in that, as I make a point of not giving hints as to where we live.

I do want to caution one thing, though. I am sorry to say that if you leave a comment that makes any reference to where we live, or if your comment links people back to your blog and you live in our town, (and you have made reference to where we live), then I am sorry, but I won't be able to publish your comment. My childrens' safety and our families privacy is too important to me.

Oh, and one other thing, while I am being particular *smile*, please feel free to leave your name if you are commenting, as you know me, and I would like to know who is leaving comments on my blog.

I hope you will understand this.

Blessings, Justine
.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I try to be careful but will not be offended if you don't post my comment because I slipped up. I am very curious as to how the chicken project is going.

Unknown said...

Linda,

No worries! As to the chickens: waiting on hubby. You know the deal - the cobblers children are the last one in shoes! LOL!!

I am going to sit down with the boys this week and hammer it out. Pun intended. :o)

Justine