Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Good Breakfast - A Healthy Start

I am a person that loves to learn from others. If they can enlighten me I want to learn. Of course, it is as long as I see the results in their life that I want. A friend came to visit me recently and she pulled out her breakfast making ingredients. Granola, yoghurt, sliced almonds, bananas, blueberries, wheat germ. You name it. Healthy stuff!


My breakfast is not bad, but certainly not that healthy. But I do enjoy my evening snack:


(Note: since I have written this blog I have given up my evening snack, and am well on my way to healthy living again!)


So I realized it was time to make a change. If I wasn’t yet ready to throw out my evening crutch, then at least I could start the day right:




I am enjoying it. And my kids are having it now once or twice a week. They, of course, love it! It is a break from the monotony of oatmeal and toast. *smile* And speaking of monotony of breakfasts. Lately, I have been trying to get back on the “Interesting Breakfast” bandwagon. So, now the new menu includes:


Smoothies and Muffins

Toasted Egg Sandwiches

Granola, Yoghurt, Fruit

Pancakes

Oatmeal

Toast and Jam


Let’s see how long it lasts! The kids are certainly enjoying the variety!

.

1 comment:

Linda said...

My breakfast yesterday was banana cream pie, I told myself it had all of the food groups, grain, fruit, milk eggs what more can you ask for and it tasted good too. Thank you so much for your visit, it was great seeing how much the children have all grown. Hopefully we can do it again soon.