Sunday, September 27, 2009

Update on Colt

The morning after Colt left we texted back and forth a few times and he let me know how things were going. He had decided to take a night in a town about 4 hours from us. He had arrived early in the morning and spent the day finding a campsite, checking out the town, and simply enjoying being on the road. I had offered him one night in a hotel, in case he was tired and wanted a good rest before tackling the rest of his journey (remember the most he had ever driven before was 1 hour and that was on an automatic car, not a standard as he just bought). His reply was - thanks, but no thanks, I want to sleep in my car. *smile*

Here are parts of a couple of his messages:

Hey Mum, I drove to just outside of R., after I had a little nap in S. I found a campground that was free to stay at for the night. It's really nice and it's by a little creek.... Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in and just take my time and then I'll head to Banff in the afternoon. I love you. Have a good night and please don't be worried about me. I'll be fine.

~~~

My night was better than I thought it would be. I wasn't that cold at all, and I only used one of my blankets. I slept in til ten thirty cuz it was so quiet. I was the only one there. Then I listened to music and watched the T.V. I had a good time.

(I had sent my little dvd player along with him and he watched an old series of Hawaii 5-0, as that was the only series I could spare him. *grin*)

~~~~

I have been very good about not calling him. *smile* I will not call for a while. I want him to have the freedom to feel his independence. At the same time, I am so thankful to have texting! We communicated in the morning, when he was arriving after the first four hour drive, and then the following night.

He had told me he would be arriving in Banff yesterday, and he should have been there by about 5:00 pm, and I had not heard from him by 8:30 and I was mildly concerned. Very mildly, because I feel so sure that this is a trip that he is meant to take and I know that God's hand is upon him. But, every so often I would think, "Where is that boy?" *smile*

I have to tell you, it was sweet that the first thing my hubby asked when he arrived home from work was, "So, did Colt get to Banff?" Usually, he is not the big checker-upper on children. *smile* Then, throughout last evening from 7:00 - 8:30, Dane would ask me if I had heard from Colt. You could see the whole family was feeling like we had sent Christopher Columbus out into the big wide ocean. *grin* Truly!

Finally, when the phone rang at 8:35, I called for Cassidy to bring the phone, because I was reading to the small children. Cassidy said that Austin was already on it. *smile* They all were anxious to see what Colt had to say on his newest text, and ran to listen.

Hey Mum, sorry it took me so long to text. It took me forever to find a campsite, but the only one I could find cost me $10 a night. But there's also showers. The driving from Revelstoke to Banff was very scenic but the drive seemed to take so much longer than yesterday. Tomorrow morning after I get a good rest I'm going to head up to the hotel and talk to them about getting the job. Pray that everything works out and I get the job. I love you and I hope everything's going alright at home. I'll try and call you sometime tomorrow. Most likely after I talk to the hotel. I better go now cuz I'm really tired and I want to get up early. So have a good night, Mum. Bye

~~~
As I hear updates from Colt, I will post some of them here, as I have people asking me what is happening with him. I am very excited for him and pray that the desires of his heart are met. I have a feeling that the employment office will not be open until Monday, which means we may not hear anything more job-wise until then. Please be praying for God to show His will for Colt. We are also praying that he can find a good church in Banff, as that is one of his desires. A church where he can join a youth group and meet some friends.
.
.


2 comments:

Linda said...

So glad the trip went well, also glad that he is good at keeping in touch, it makes a Mom's heart that much lighter.

ellenhopes said...

hope things are good with Colt...we haven't got an update for a long time!