Monday, February 1, 2010

Scrapbooking


One of the reasons I have not been blogging is because as soon as the holidays were over Austin and I spent every day scrapbooking. I had decided that I would help my boys create their own scrapbooks. I didn't really want to do the whole albums by myself because I could see the value in doing it more on their level, while spending time with them. I had a ton of input, obviously, because I wanted the albums to be the quality as if I had done them for them. Austin made many creative decisions and gave me his thought on what we should do. It was a great team effort. We are not done yet. He will be using the computer on his own creating headings and then writing up words to add to the pages. I will also be adding some of my own thoughts, so that it is a combined effort. He managed to get 65 pages done over the holidays. He is now up to the beginning of 2006!

I will continue in this manner with the rest of the children when they hit the age of 10. Cassidy has already begun his and he will need less guidance that Austin did. Colt and Dane will not be doing their albums, so that means I am delegated. But at least it is only two albums versus eight! And I am enjoying this one on one time.
.

No comments: