Sunday, June 13, 2010

May Road Trip - Part 3 - Field Trips

After we left the Glass House we headed back to town. One more of the items that I had on my list was Twin Bay Cove. This was supposed to be a beautiful little white sandy beach, but I had no clue where it was. Well, wouldn't you know it, someone pointed me in that direction, not even knowing it was on my list! She just mentioned that there was a nice beach for the children to run on.

It was truly a gorgeous beach! I took so many pictures and it was so hard to pick and choose, so you will have to bear with me, as I am going to load a ton!

Click on the picture to see Briton and Cooper's expressions. They say it all!

As we are walking down to the beach the boys are playing with the football - the same football that gets Austin in trouble later - and it accidently ends up on someone's lawn. My little boy, Cooper, read the sign of "No Trespassing" and knew the ball could not be saved. Briton, on the other hand, had an impish grin, as he crawled under the rope and dashed to get the ball. Cooper looked horrified that Briton would do such a naughty thing. lol. Meanwhile, big brother, Cassidy, walks on having a laugh at the words and actions of the little people!


As soon as we got to the beach, Colt starting tossing around this football. Austin began playing with it and while throwing it, inadvertantly tossed it into the water. We all said, "You better get it. It's going further out."

He didn't move fast enough and it kept floating. Colt and I are saying, "You better move it! You are going to have to swim if you don't hurry!"

Well, that boy! He kept procrastinating cause he was in his shorts and he didn't want to get his feet wet in the cold water. Now, I think, he would say it would have been smarter to have moved in the beginning when it first hit the water!

He had no option but to plunge in and get the ball, as it slowly floated out to the middle of the lake! Austin quickly stripped and threw himself into the late spring cold water!


The funny thing is that as soon as Austin got out of the water with the ball, Colt threw it right back in again. Cooper immediately volunteers to get the ball! He strips down to his skivvies and then throws himself into the icy water!

Out he comes, and big brother, Colt, having a wonderful time with these nutty kids, says, "Who wants to get it this time?"


Savannah drops her clothes and races for the water.

It Looks Like Her Sister is Thinking - Are You Crazy?

She dives in headfirst and swims out to the ball! Now, if you remember her introduction to water last summer, you will remember it was not a quick process! Goodness, it took a long time to get her comfortable in *warm* water, let alone cold water. But she was up for the game. lol


The kids (with my suggestion) decided that big brother Colt decided to be thrown into the water. I told them the story of Gulliver and the little people. I figured there were enough of them to gain control. lol.

Escaping the Little People!

Briton was *not* getting wet! But after a while, he succumbed to the peer pressure of all these children running around the deserted beach in their underwear, and he joined the crowd. They had a blast for the next hour just digging holes, rolling in the sand, and running and jumping in the water.


I had fun sitting on the beach with my eye to the viewfinder of my camera, just snapping wonderful shots of my brood. I am very blessed indeed!

I made a joke to the kids that I felt like paparazzi sitting on the beach snapping away pictures of my older son and his girlfriend, but I couldn't help it. They looked so sweet together. (smile)

We all had a laugh when he put up his hand pretending to be a celebrity holding off the paparazzi. lol.

.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shel and I did this same trip on our one year wedding anniversary :) Its fun to re-see these old pictures! Nakusp is a beautiful little town in the area (with a great beach too) and there are Japanese Internment camps around there that are VERY interesting as well. The pictuers are beautiful!

Linda said...

Great photos and story, I love the photo of you with Colt and Tyler.

Hi from Ruth! said...

Crazy kids!! That water LOOKS freezing cold under the mountains - I can't imagine how it FELT diving in to that!

What a fun memory for everyone. Great pics.

Ruth