Tuesday, February 10, 2009

God Meets Our Needs

Our little girls came to us knowing God as a person that they prayed to at the Transition House. They knew that "God is good," as that was what they would write in their little paper notebooks at the Transition House. I am very happy that they were introduced to God through our agency!

But once the girls were home, it has been so fun to show them that God is ALIVE and loves them and meets their needs and sometimes even their *wants*!

An example of God taking care of our ever expanding family is some recent requisitions. I never used to take the kids skating because I was always pregnant, nursing or had a wee one. Last year, when I had none of the above, Ray came home from the dump with a pair of women's skates - perfect condition, just my size. God is good!

I was able to take the kids skating for the first time in years!! Usually I would just watch from the side, as they had fun. It was great fun for me! But boy were my feet tired after!

As we have had the boys we have had people pass on skates to us. The only ones that have not had hand-me-downs, to which we have not really addressed serious prayer, are our older boys. Yes, I could run out and spend $80 per boy, but that is a lot and they don't skate every week. Also, I could buy a pair for birthday or Christmas presents, but they don't show a great desire to skate, so I haven't used a present on one of them that way. We make do.

Now, how the girls saw that God saw *them* and knew *their* individual needs was through skates. One day, a customer of Ray's called and said he had some girls skates; did we want them? A few days later, Ray came home from work with a box of skates. Two pairs. Mint condition. Pretty little white skates, complete with skate guards! Exactly the size that the girls needed: 12 and 1. God is good!

Here is another example of God meeting our needs. Our boys have town coats and scruffy coats. Their ski pants don't hit the garbage as soon as they get a scuff or a small tear in the knee. It isn't like we are at the ski hill all the time: who could afford it with eight kids!

Last year, my good friend, Denise, sent me a snow suit for one of the girls. It was a one piece, brand new, navy blue, size 6+ snow suit. She meant it for the girls. Well, as it turned out, I had bought the girls new winter coats and we had hand-me-down snow pants, so they were all set. But Cooper saw this snowsuit and thought it was wonderful! So he claimed it. He loves it. It is so warm and much better and more efficient than a 2 piece suit.

But I should just mention there was one small thing that made it a girl's snowsuit: the embroidered flowers on the chest and the pink trim around the hat. *grin* Of course, my sweet little Cooper didn't notice these. He just loved his warm snowsuit!


Then the day before we were going to go to the Tubing Hill for the first time, we received a box from a friend that lives a number of hours away from us. She had some snow clothes from her grandsons and wondered if I could use it.

When I opened the box this is what I found: a wonderful pair of snow pants that fitted Cooper perfectly. Pants that could go very nicely with his *boys* (grin) black and yellow snow jacket and would therefore, look very *boyish* for the public hill. (Not that he cared or even noticed!)

On top of that, there were waterproof pants that would work so well for my cadet boys who do outdoor camping during spring, winter, and fall!! God is good!

And last, not least, in the box was a beautiful winter jacket and matching ski pants - that fit ME! I have never really gone out and bought a set of ski pants because I have been so busy nursing, being pregnant or tied up in the house with tinies. I have always 'made do' in previous years, when I did play outside with the children. This was the year that I was making my entrance on the ski and tubing hills!

To boot, when I put my new ski-suit on my boys told me that it was not a boys outfit; it had to be a girls! And this coming from a house with grandsons! Who knows why, but once again, God is good! I love how God doesn't just meet our needs, but often times because He knows our hearts, He will meet a simple little desire of a mum's heart, like not putting a little boy on a ski hill in flowers! *smile*
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you received so many helpful items. Love the fact that Cooper isn't afraid to wear pink, his photo was cute. I am also very happy that you are finding time to play, play time is so important and will make wonderful memories for the children.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful how He meets our needs isn't it? We have been blessed with so many beautiful hand me downs for our son and daughter.
Love reading your new posts Justine!