Friday, July 9, 2010

Harambee - Arrival Day - Saturday

We woke up bright and early at Kal Tire to the sound of the mechanics having their morning coffee. The boys peeped out the windows and saw our van being worked on.


About an hour later, the manager of Kal Tire came to our trailer to let us know that my van was fine. He explained that the steep hill, combined with my braking a lot and then the slightly warped rotors had caused the van to vibrate when I braked. He said it would probably happen again even if he changed the rotors. I decided to leave things as they were since the brakes had been fine, since we had come off the big hill. I will be going home an alternate route though! One with less steep hills!! It took a long time for my legs to stop trembling the night before from all that stress!

After this we headed off to Naramata. The drive was beautiful and I couldn’t believe all the vineyards and orchards!


When we arrived at camp the first thing I did was make the mistake of pulling into a road where I wasn’t supposed to be. Thankfully, a very kind husband (the kind I was planning on borrowing in the first place! (grin)) came and helped me drive the trailer to our spot, and then he and another kind husband (grin) parked our trailer.


We ended up with a very nice spot right on the creek complete with power and water! We are very fortunate. When I was at home my batteries were not charging very well. I remember thinking I would not stress about it. God would work it out. Well, I was not supposed to have power and water! So when I arrived and found out that we could hook up to the outlet across the street, I was not surprised! Saved again!

The campsite is set up with 42 trailers and 13 tents, plus there 12 cabins. My numbers might be slightly off, but that is about it. It turned out that there were three new families this year, and Corrie and I were two of them! What an amazing blessing, as it is very rare for new families to be added, since there are so many returning families that want to get in. It is next to impossible, apparently, to get off the waiting list!!

The children helped me set up the site, and then we had to get ourselves figured out with rules and regulations: where they could go; could they go alone or with a buddy? When to be home etc. They then spent the rest of the evening riding their bikes and finding new friends, while those that have been here before rekindled old friendships.

It was another late evening when we all hit the hay.

.

1 comment:

Hi from Ruth! said...

Oh, I'm so envious that you and Corrie are both there! I wish I were, too!!

Have a blast, and say hi to Corrie for me if you think of it!!

Blessings,

Ruth