Saturday, July 3, 2010

Grandad's Birthday

We are very fortunate that my parents live nearby. It didn't just happen that way. When I was a young adult travelling in Europe I made a decision that I would not marry away from home. I did not want my children growing up without grandparents the way that I had. My parents emigrated from England when I was a baby and grandparents and aunts and uncles were something that I really wished I had had.

So when my parents moved away from where we lived fifteen years ago, I was not very thrilled. That is putting it mildly. I was very sad. Then Ray and I decided to leave the city and move to the country and so when we began looking at land to buy, we made sure that the areas we looked at were near enough to my parents to visit easily. We are now only less than an hour from them. It would be nice if we were even closer.

Recently, my dad had his birthday and it was rather fun. Normally they come to our house to visit the children on their birthdays, but this time we took the cake to him.

.

No comments: