Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just to Let You Know


I am heading out to Harambee. This is the camp for families with children from Africa. It is a week long adventure full of classes, dancing, food, friends, hairdressing, lessons, cooking African foods. Our children are *very* excited about this!

It is a long journey of 6 hours, and I will be driving the trailer and my van. I had my first lessons two days ago and I believe I am ready. I really didn't want to learn last year because I didn't have the guts. This year, I didn't have a choice.

I could have had Ray drive me 6 hours each way, and then come home in the middle of the week to work, and then come back and get me next Saturday, but that would be too much time off work, too expensive using two vehicles etc etc. So I bit the bullet and learned to drive.

I will be back on Sunday. Please pray for SAFETY and that I will do just fine. I really want to conquer this because if I do then I can GO ANYWHERE!! I just might consider crossing the border and heading on down to the Southern States! You know me. I love adventure and I love road trips! And if I have my house like a turtle, then there is no reason I can't travel. (grin)

See you on the flip side!
.

3 comments:

Hi from Ruth! said...

I can hardly wait to hear how your week goes. Have a blast, Justine!

Blessings...and much safety in your travels.

Ruth

Linda said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, you can do this. I hauled a horse trailer around BC without ever learning to back the thing up. If I can do it ,you can do it, it just takes strategy, never pull in if you can't drive right through. Imagine the adventures in store for you now.
God Bless.

PS tell Briton I am proud of him.

Sharla said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I am so happy for you and the kids! Wow - what a blessing and I'm glad (and impressed) that you made it there by yourself.