Sunday, March 1, 2009

Briton is Four

Briton waited SO LONG for his birthday!! He was at the end of a long run of birthdays: Raine, Savannah, Cooper, Cassidy - one by one - from September through December. Each birthday he would ask, "Me package?"

See, so many packages arrive by mail for our homeschooling that he has gotten used to hearing the word 'package'. And since his language is still pretty non-existant that is one word that he has used for birthdays. Why not? Don't people receive lots of 'packages' for their day?? *smile*

Finally, it was his birthday. My parents arrived at the door and he almost bowled them over, saying, "Me package! Me package!"

She barely got in the door before he had ripped open the birthday card and was having her read it to him.

He was of course, absolutely adorable. Each birthday that had come by he had just asked whether it was his, and then he had accepted it wasn't, but it was such a lot of birthdays to be told, 'no, not this one.' Soon.


Waiting for His Cake


MY Package!

One of his brothers made him a lego house. I think the look on his face tells us how cool he thought that was!

Dane very sweetly gave Briton one of his old toys. It was a semi truck with a flat bed for cars. I could see Dane's pleasure in Briton's enjoyment of this old favourite toy.

Then Austin did his now traditional birthday trick and surprised Briton with confetti. Briton had to reach up and pull down the strings of decorating ribbon and down came the confetti!
.
Briton is our special boy. Each of our boys is special, but Briton has a little extra in his own way. He was our unexpected blessing and I thank God every day for our sweet, sweet boy! To quote Dane: Well, he's everyone's cute stuff. And to quote Colt: Briton never annoys me. (to know a 17 year old boy, little ones can be annoying. *smile*)

There is something about Briton. Maybe it is his endearing little face, or his funny mixed-up attempts to speak: me booker bay (I am a big boy), or his absolutely puppy-like antics or as we call him: Mr. Destructo!

I don't know, but life sure is fun and busy with Briton around! Happy Birthay, my baby boy. (And yes, he will always be Baby Briton. Even when he is 38! *smile*)
.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Briton! He is absolutely precious. :) I love that you make birthdays a special day for each of your kids. It's as it should be. :) I saw some weird tv show where they swapped moms or something, and there was one who have just three kids and she made ALL of them celebrate their birthday on the SAME day every year. It broke my heart. :(

Your kiddos are blessed. Briton looks like such a doll. :) How precious that even the older ones love him!

Tami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITON!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Briton!!! He sure is a cutie!
Natasha

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Birthday Briton, what a big boy your getting to be. I still want to steal him Justine so you had better keep a close eye on him when I am around. It could be a bit tricky with me being hard of hearing and his speech but we could have fun playing charades. He sure looked like he was enjoying every minute of his big day.

Unknown said...

Hope he had a Happy birthday- and I agree just by looking at him- he is a real cutie!!! Kinda reminds me of my Rainer a couple of years ago. And he was a charmer too.
N