Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday


Today we went to the church near our home. The girls dressed up in their spring dresses and white shoes, and the boys looked handsome in their dress shirts and good jeans. The church was absolutely packed! We had to slip up to the front of the church, and I had all the little ones sit on the floor, while we older ones shared a piece of a pew.

I am glad that we ended up at the front (cause usually we sit in the middle) because it was a wonderful service!! They had brought in live animals and there were two little goats and one little lamb! The children thought they were wonderful. The pastor used the animals to talk to us about the meaning of Passover and the Scape Goat.

Then our girls were offered flags to 'flag dance'. These small flags are held by the girls and they dance around and wave their flags to the music. At first the girls said no, and then Little Miss Savannah - decided she wanted to have a flag. Raine took Savannah over to the girl and they walked clear across the front of the church to get a flag from the box.

You should have seen Savannah beaming with shy pleasure, as she danced her flag around in the air to the music. I kind of figured that Raine wanted to do it but was a bit shy to, so I asked her if she wanted to. She said no, but I am happy to say that I am really getting to know their hidden personalities, and I was sure she was just being shy. So I told her that she didn't need to feel that way; it was okay to do whatever she wanted to worship. At this point, she decided that she wanted one. She slipped quietly across the front of the church, selected a white gauze flag and proceeded to quietly wave it in the air in time to the music. I wish I had my camera because with their pretty aqua, yellow and white dresses, waving flags, they looked very sweet.

After the music got quite lively, you should have seen Savannah! She was bouncing up and down to the music - feet leaving the floor, clapping her hands. It was wonderful to see! I always see her at our other church kind of swaying to the music and clapping but holding back. Here there were so many young people up clapping and dancing that it encouraged her to set herself free!
.

3 comments:

Sharla said...

lovely Easter picture and I can just picture the scene at the church the way you've described it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture!! I am always amazed at how big the girls are getting! I just showed Selam and she was really excited. how are things going????? Have you ever had issues with lying??
Natasha

Anonymous said...

What a great photo!