Thursday, April 16, 2009

Homeschool Highschool

My sister emailed me one day and asked me how school was going with Dane. A post I have not yet had time to write was about how I have decided to listen to their interests, instead of jamming down their throats what *I* think they need to know. That will be a hot topic when I finally have time to write it.

In the meanwhile, as I was receiving my sister's email, I happened to look outside and this is what I saw. Dane had Cassidy tied to a tree and the girls were in absolute delight at such a funny thing! They are so used to seeing their big brother tied (figuratively) to a desk, and to see him do such a silly thing was highly amusing to them.

I told my sister that he was probably doing some kind of physics lesson or something! *grin*

..

4 comments:

Linda said...

It looks like Cassidy is about to be beheaded but he has a grin on his face so he isn't too scared. Such fun. Kids have the greatest imaginations. It looks like your snow is finally gone.

emily said...

Ahh... all these homeschooling posts are seriously making me want to homeschool Justine! I just don't want to do it where I live. Hm.... I guess we have a few years to figure something out : )

Anonymous said...

Well, after reading your blog for close to a year, I finally figured out how to comment - I'm not technologically swift!
Just wanted to say that I read your blog regularly and thoroughly enjoy it - it's the first blog I go to when I have a bit of time to catch up on reading folks' blogs. So thanks. I'm always interested in the girls, given that my hubbie and I will be adopting siblings as well, from Ethiopia. And I'm also always interested in your homeschooling endeavours because we are going to start homeschooling our 5-year-old in September. If you have any advice/suggestions re: curriculum, I'm all ears.
Finally, given that my hubbie and I are Christians, too, I'm always interested in reading about how other Christian parents handle things with their kids.

Thanks, Justine, for letting me particpate in your family's life by reading about it! Take care.

Ruth...
...waiting (for a year) for a referral of two from Ethiopia.

Gwen said...

Are you going to use those photos in your post-adoption follow-ups? :D