Sunday, March 7, 2010

Good Brothers Share Everything, Right?

Cooper came home from church on Sunday with three pieces of gum. He had two in his mouth and one in his hand. Briton came to me and complained about the gum. You see, the older kids get candy at the end of their class, but the younger ones don't.

Of course, Briton was spoken to about complaining, and then I spoke to Cooper about the fact that he could have shared with Savannah and Briton, rather than eating all the gum.

A short while later, he came into my room and told me he was giving the unopened gum to Savannah. I said, "That's nice, but what about Briton?" I then looked at Briton, and he is standing beside Cooper, happily chewing. Chewing? Huh?

"I gave Briton half of my gum. He likes it."

Briton grinned up at me with a big wad of gum in his cheek.

"Cooper, you are such a kind boy!" I told him. How cute. How typical boy! He took his chewed up lump of gum out of his mouth, ripped it in half, and blessed his little brother!
.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

I remember prying gum off the sidewalk, chewing it a while to soften it, then sharing half with my sister. Good times!

Ruth Branson said...

Yuuuuuck! But sweet.

Ruth

Mrs Changstein said...

Hi there,

I love reading about your family! We're going to become a family of 4 in a couple of weeks as we go to South Africa to meet our daughter, who is 7.5 years old. The social worker has asked us what we're going to do about her name, which is pronounced with a click. Just wondering if you'd mind e-mailing me @ mrschangstein@telus.net to give me your thoughts around this. She is old enough that she's identified with her name, which has a sad meaning. Just wondering how you did this with your girls. Thanks so much! My blog is nogruvs.blogspot.com