Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tea Time

While Ray was out skiing one day with the boys, I made tea for me and the little three children. They woke up from naptime and came downstairs to a tea table set for four.


They loved it. We had some wildberry tea and cupcakes, and then I read some poetry to them.


This is something I did with Colt and Dane when they were very small. They loved it and I wish I had taken the time to do it more frequently with them.


They have often told me over the years what fond memories they have of those times. It is a relaxing time in the midst of chaotic days where we slow down to take the time to read an ongoing chapter storybook, some poetry, or just have some pleasant conversation.

And conversations are a wonderful thing! Sometimes we can get to busy to take that time to just (as I coined it) 'conversate'! When Colt and Dane were little they would often ask me permission to go out to my minivan and sit in it and have a 'conversation'. I am guessing this is a word that they had often heard me use. So I would look outside at my two boys who were no more than five and seven and see them sitting in the backseat of my van 'conversating'. smile

.

2 comments:

Hi from Ruth! said...

How lovely! Those are the kinds of moments that are remembered for a lifetime!

Ruth

Linda said...

Your blog makes my heart go Aweeeeeeeeeeeee