Friday, November 14, 2008

No Sissy Girls At My House

I always knew that if I had girls, I didn't want girly-girl ones. I wanted girls that could enjoy playing with the boys, and at the same time, knew how to dress up as a little girl. But I didn't want a prissy little girl that didn't know how to have fun. One that cried when the boys played a little too rough.

Why should I have been surprised to see the little girls that God chose for our family running through the yard chasing their brothers complete with swords and icecream bucket headgear?

Or being quite ready and willing, and even pushing to go first, down a 16' slide and ski-jump into the snow?

But, at the same time, one little girl wanted to be a princess, when the other sister was dressed up as a knight.

We have a very happy balance of princess and tomboy in our house. Just perfect!




.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Enjoying your blog and family so much. Keep up the great work. A little jealous that you have snow and we have rain.

Linda

Playful Platypus said...

My Mustang is like that, too. She loves to dress up pretty and do her hair, etc., but she is very active and rambunctious. (She has more stamina than Button.) She tells me she tends to play with the boys in the schoolyard because "I like playing rough." Well, not too rough - she tends to shy away from hard knocks, and is not a major risk-taker (which Button is) - but she will wrestle and rough-house a fair bit.

When I got my referral for Button, a friend who has been known to say that single moms have a hard time raising boys, told me it might be a good thing - he'd stand a chance to keep up with Mustang!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! My girls are like this too.

Anonymous said...

I love it! My girls are like this too.