Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Skiing Day 2

The second time I took Briton skiing it was better.

Big Brother Getting Briton Ready

This time we did the bunny hill one time and then hit the slopes for some real training.


It was better than the first time because he didn't fall very many times on the two green runs we did.

Here is Cassidy rescuing a very snow-covered Briton who plowed himself right into the deep snow. Thank goodness for Cassidy! He was a really great son and was so willing to help me out with Briton!

Even though Briton had improved, it still took us about 30 minutes to get down the hill.

Then after lunch, my friend, Tricia, suggested that she take Briton between her legs and ski him down. She had suggested this to me the day before, and I wasn't sure that would work.


She did it, and I then decided to give it a try, and it worked wonderfully! So we did a couple more like this and what a difference it made! We were whipping down the hills, but I knew I still wanted him to learn so we could go independently. Later, we tried the blue hill and that was a mistake. Killer! I ended up with Briton all tangled up in me and almost broke our bodies!


The Boys With Their Friends (Minus Cassidy and John)

After we got home it was not a night to relax! Too many people to feed and too many days off school, so we had to do some cooking and some schooling!

We have been taking Mondays to ski, and heading out of town for a six hour day of gymnastics every Tuesday, so somewhere in there we have to get the schooling done and the meals cooked and the baking done!

Making Dinner

Making Cookies

Schoolwork

Playdough With a Friend Who Was Visiting

Bookwork
Savannah Problem Solving (How do I remove this top)
Taking a turkey off the bone, cookies on the go, the beginning of soup, and dinner in the making.
.

No comments: