Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How Old Is She?

Sometimes I wonder exactly how old Raine is! Is she an old soul? Is she five years old? Hmmm.

Tonight, I was having a discussion with the two girls at bedtime regarding behaviours - in this case, specifically sneakiness and disobedience. I asked Raine if a mummy was good if she gave consequences for bad choices?

Yes, she said.

Next, I went on to ask if God was good or mean if He gave consequences. Savannah decided that God was good.

"Yes, God is good," I told them, "and He so loves you, that He does not want you to find it easy to sneak." Therefore, He seems to allow me to catch a certain someone when she is practicing this not so nice behaviour.

And at this point, Raine interrupted and as I turned to her to see what she wanted to say, she politely said, "I'll wait til after." (meaning after I was done). I told her it was okay for her to share what she was wanting to say.

She leaned towards her sister, who was sharing the same bed this week, (at a friend's) and said, "He loves you so much that He took your consequence by dying on the cross for you."

I looked at her in a bit of surprise and said, "Where'd you learn that?" I have taught them this, but goodness! Easter was only once since she has been here and we have not focussed on this point. We have missed more Sundays at Church than I would like and so...

She looks at me and laughs and says, "You! In Bible time." Well! Our Bible time is not as consistent as it should be, and so I am amazed that she has retained this important point! Quite pleased to say the least!

We then begin talking again. and at one time I talk about the point that God wants Savannah to be a good person. Raine jumps in and laughs and says, "And wife."

Boy, did we have a giggle at that! I said to her, "How old are you? Twelve?" *laugh*

She laughs at me and says, "Five."

"Are you sure? How old do you really think you are?" I am constantly questioning if the girl is a short fifteen! *grin* With the wisdom, maturity, and carriage of this child, I seriously wonder.

And she looks thoughtful and then says, "Six."

*smile*
.

No comments: