Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Painting Fun

I gave the four little ones each a palette of paint and had them sit at the eating counter. They had lots of fun and proudly showed me their works of art when they were done. It was curious to see how they all did.

It was curious to see how different their skills were. Briton surprised me by drawing a stick figure with a clear design on the sides, and Savannah with how she just simply swirled around and around. And then I was impressed to see how Raine had moved up to the level where Cooper was. I found it quite interesting to see what the paintings revealed to me about each child.


Cooper's House

Briton's Person

"Burton's In There" *smile*
he's under the red spot

Raine's House, Including Daddy's Shop

.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Cute paintings but I'm curious since they won't all fit on the fridge where do you display your art work? It must be tough to find a spot for it all. Everyone looks pleased with their work, good job kids.

Unknown said...

Budding artists:) Good job. I love painting days! Of course my boys all draw action shots with lots of movement. fun!
Noelle

Becky R said...

what fun! we love painting.
some fun ideas:
-let them paint with bubble wrap instead of brushes (paint on bubble wrap then press to paper)
-roll cars in paint and then across the paper
-finger paint with pudding and be sure to lick your fingers clean
-paint used food boxes and create art (my kids make robots out of all the empty food boxes and such - they paint and then glue or tape them all together)
-add sand to paint for a fun texture
-add glitter to paint
-paint only half a piece of paper and then fold other half over, press down and you have a mirror image, this is fun to make into butterflies (cut paper after it dries into a butterfly shape.)
-mom paint with them!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I hang the paintings on a wall. Also, I have in the past hung a washing line across a wall in the kitchen and pegged the paintings up. Still thinking what to do in this house!

Anonymous said...

Here's my non-martha stewart idea I stole from some show; cover cork or stryphome(sp?) (anything that will then hold a tack) squares with material and make a huge wall dedicated to art work, the squares can be any size but what looked nice was sizes a little larger than what the kids art papers so when you tack then to these squares they become a frame....it was very cheap and looked amazing.
shirley
*so NOt miss martha :)