Saturday, September 20, 2008

Phoning Friends


Mesai and Gadisae have not mentioned any friends since they has been home. I find this intriguing, since I know that three of their friends have mentioned one or other of them. I wonder if it might be because they are together, and therefore they do not 'miss' their friends as they might if they were alone.

When my friend's boy came home he called Mesai the following day. That call lasted all of 10 seconds. I am hoping that as time goes on, Mesai will spend more time on the phone, so that we can keep her connection to Ethiopia and her language.

A few days later, I was talking to my friend, C, and she said her son would talk to Mesai. I called Mesai and asked her and she said, No. No strange faces - just simply, no. But then Gadisae said she would like to talk to him. And she did.

Then Mesai got her ear to the phone and soon all three were talking. I am not sure how much was actually said or understood with them jammed up against the phone, but it was sweet.

3 comments:

BCMommy said...

Thanks for adding me, Justine. The girls look like they are settling well. They are so beautiful...all of your kids! I am so happy that you are all home and together. 8 kids...you are a superwoman!!!
I look forward to seeing all of your new adventures!
Claire

Linda said...

Hi Justine
Thank you so much for allowing me to follow your blog. You do such an awesome job I just don't know how you do it all.
Linda

dmvoccola said...

The girls look absolutely radiant! Love the dresses and headbands. It is interesting that they have already moved on. It just shows how resilient kids are, doesn't it. They obviously feel very secure already. :) Love the new blog!