Sunday, September 21, 2008

P.P or T.T - What To Do??


Anyone got an idea of how to convince a child to 'poop in a pot' when you want them to??? *wry grin*

I did my best to explain to the girls that I needed them to do this very strange thing. I made a joke about it. Gadisae and I had a laugh, as she put her tray in place. And she cooperated - on Day 1 and then on Day 3. She probably thought I was nuts! Is this what a person does in Canada?

Mesai, on the other hand, did not do it on Day 1, Day 2, or Day 3!! How long can you hold it when you don't want to do it?

Finally, after Gadisae was through her three day regime, I resorted to pleading with Mesai, and when it was finally time, she ran upstairs giggling as I followed her carrying the "Poop Pot", as we called it. She cooperated. It was now Day 4 of me waiting for her, but her Day 1.

And then the following day, when she wasn't supposed to collect it, she went, but then the next day, (Day 3) when she *was supposed to* - she didn't do anything. And then on Day 4, she decided to use the toilet, so I didn't collect anything! ARGGGHH!!

Now we are back to Square 1. I mimed to her that Gadisae was done with this "humiliating act" (I am sure she is thinking this!), but that we need to begin *all over again*.

Oh, and that is not really the end of it. Apparently, this might go on for months. Oh joy!! To be following a child with a Toilet Tray or a Poop Pot - you pick the name. It all means the same thing - Gross! LOL!!

But at least, the girls and I can see the humour in it!

Oh, and when I took this picture of the tray and medical supplies, Briton simply said, "Poop." Even he knows what this fiasco is all about!! LOL!

4 comments:

ChristyCanuck said...

Wow, and I thought it was no fun to do with a toddler. Okay, much, much easier to just steal the contents of a diaper without the aforementioned toddler realizing it.

Chris

dmvoccola said...

I know you like comments, but this post leaves me speechless! ;)

K_I_T_ said...

Hi there. I have a handicapped sister and my mom has had to do the poop collection many times!! She has a hang up about the "bucket" as well! What my mom does is she lines the toilet with a clear garbage bag, or saran wrap. I know it sounds gross, but it works, she doesn't even know that she is "colleting" the stuff!! I don't know if this helps, but I thought I would put it out there!!! Good luck

shaunak said...

Justine, ask your local hospital or clinic for a toilet 'hat'. It sit on the toilet rim, under the seat, and collects urine or stool. Much easier than trying to hold something and makes the process less unusual!