Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet Unsolicited Love

I walk into the bedroom to do the girls' bedtime reading. I notice they are sitting leaning on the wall without the three pillows lining the wall - one for each of us.

"Pillows?" I ask Mesai and Gadisae

Mesai sees that she has not put the pillows in place for our reading and reaches to do so. She hands Gadisae a pink pillow and puts the white one behind herself. She then takes the flowered one - her favourite, that she chooses to sleep with every night, and uses at each daytime reading - and puts it in my place.

"Mum, flowers," she smiles at me.

"Oh, you are so kind. Flowers." I recognize her generous act.

As I sit down in my regular spot against the specially gifted flowered pillow, Mesai leans against me and says, "Mum, I love you."

5 comments:

HomoHausfrau said...

AW!
How sweet is that!!!

learningtogether said...

Very beautiful. :)
Shelley

Leanne said...

oh - that totally teared me right up. God is so good and those little girls hearts have been incredibly prepared for you!

Unknown said...

Hi, I love that the girls always think of eachother and now also thoughtful of you. Very sweet!
Noelle

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious!