Saturday, September 20, 2008

Little Boy Prayers

It is so cute how they all talk. When the girls pray it is like a Church prayer. One child says the prayer and then the other ones will repeat the words. Well, the girls have an accent, so when they say, “Father God…” it comes out like “Father Gooood”. I can’t even begin to put a phonetic sound to it, because it is not a sound we use.

When Cooper leads the prayer he prays the same words, as best as he can remember them, and he always adds their little accent. I don’t think he is aware that they have an accent. He just thinks that is how you say it. LOL!!


And today, Briton decided he wanted to pray. So I just looked at Mesai and said, “Mesai, can you just pray the right prayer?” I kind of meant that no matter what he said, could she just pray what she would normally pray. I knew that he would speak unintelligible words.


It was cute. He prayed, “burble, burble Daddy” And Mesai repeated, “Daddy,” and then he added, “burble, Dane, burble Coat (Colt),” And Mesai continued to repeat his words and so did Gadisae. It was certainly not a meal time prayer! LOL! But at the end as usual I said, Good prayer! Too funny!



No comments: