Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Gadisae

Gadisae is FOUR

A little late to be reporting this, but life has been crazy! On November 1st, Gadisae had her fourth birthday. She was so happy. When she went upstairs at naptime to lay down she put her hands together to indicate sleep and said with a great big smile, "Sleep. Wake up. Glanny and Glandad come?" When I said yes, she exclaimed, "YEAH!"

They love my mum and dad. It is so wonderful to see how devoted already my parents are. I told my mum what Gadisae had said and she just beamed. I think it really made her feel great pleasure to know how important they are to these little girls. As I told my mum, to our girls family is very important, as we have emphasized this since the beginning. And my parents are the only ones that they are allowed to hug outside of our immediate family. That makes them *very* special. *smile*

But for me, to see my mum's obvious delight in seeing her little granddaughters when they came downstairs from their nap, was truly wonderful. A person hopes that their family will feel connected to a newly adopted child, but you have to be realistic. It doesn't always happen that way. Sadly, there are stories of families where it took time, sometimes a long time. We are very blessed! Every member of our family is in love with our little girls.

What I love about our boys is how excited they are to decorate and take on a birthday. Thank goodness for that, since I don't like doing birthdays. How sick is that? Eight kids and I don't like the big decorating dodah thing!! I like giving them the surprises and having their birthdays, but it is all the work that is involved!! LOL. So I have been very happy for the last 5-8 years when my boys have taken on parts of the birthdays!

This year, Austin decorated. He had paper balloons on walls, decorated plates, and organized the seating and hung a special thing from the ceiling that Gadisae was to pull. When she pulled it confetti fell all over her.

Cassidy painted a poster saying Happy Birthday Gadisae. And Dane helped Austin.




Once my parents had arrived and everyone settled in I asked Mesai if she wanted to sing a song with Gadisae for Granny and Grandad. Yes, she did. So off they went. No shyness at all. Then Mesai took over. She kept coming up with songs and hand clapping games to show. They loved their audience. My mother was most impressed and told me what beautiful the girls' voices were.

Cooper joined them with what he knew. Later, he decided he wanted to sing a song also. It was very sweet. He sang a song about God, because the girls had sung spiritual songs that they learned in Ethiopia.

Granny Was Very Impressed


Grandad and Gadisae

He Calls Her "Cheeky" and "Little Madam." And, yes, she certainly is a Little Madam!! LOL! He got her pegged very quickly!

As soon as Mesai saw the shape of this package she knew it was the same as she received for her birthday - a pair of pajamas and slippers. Gadisae was totally out to lunch *grin*. She had the wrapping off, and the package at this point before she realized they were pajamas. So cute! "Pajamas!" *grin*

Horses!

Waiting For Confetti


1 comment:

Sheila said...

How sweet and how awesome.
I am very thankful for your family that your parents have accepted them and love them as their own grandchildren.

Blessings,
Sheila