Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Cutest Little Boy

I can't imagine life without Briton. I don't fault people who only choose to have one or two children, but I can say: they don't have any idea what they are missing when they limit the blessings God has for them! In the Bible you will not hear money mentioned as a blessing, but you will hear God tell you many times over how Children Are A Blessing.

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hands. How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them! Psalm 127: 3-5a

You see, before Briton came along, we were done. We had five children, and that was all we were going to have. I had great plans to go to Disneyland and having another baby would totally screw up those plans. wry smile. When I found out that I was pregnant, I was shocked! I had always wanted four kids, and the fifth was a well thought out decision, after seeing my husband's warm and loving large extended family. But that was it. We had our five and we were moving on. Or so we thought.

It took me a few months to wrap my mind around the fact that we were going down diaper lane again! After I got used to the idea, I began to enjoy it. But it was not immediate. But God knows best. He sent Briton and I love all my kids, but there is something special about Briton. He is so sweet-natured, so loving, so cute, so funny... I can't imagine Cooper having been my last baby. He is nearly 6!! I am so thankful that God overrode *my* plans for five children!

And then of course, He did it again, with numbers 7 and 8! And now Ray laughs: we might as well go for a dozen! LOL! Who knows with God at the wheel!

Making a Blanket Out of My Bath Mat

Big Sister Tying His Shoes - She So Loves Him


Who Else Would Be Such a Willing Prisoner?


Who Else Would Dress Up With the Girls?

He so wanted to go to the Light Up The Night party as a princess. He was quite upset when I insisted he go as a dragon.


An Olympic Swimmer?

When I think about every one of the people that I know that was an Unexpected Blessing, I also think how dim the world's light would be without their presence! So when you think you are done having children, think very carefully about the blessings you are may be denying yourself.
.


11 comments:

Tammy said...

Justine,

You are one busy lady! No wonder you are so tiny and thin...you don't have time to eat!

Your little boy is quite the character isn't he? I LOVE the pic of him tied to the pole. Too cute!

Glad to see you are doing well!

Tammy

Sheila said...

Thank you Justine for posting this post about your sweet cute little boy. We have 5 children right now ages 17 almost 18, 12.5yo, 10, 8 and 5. (4 boys and 1 girl) last year hubby and I got pregnant and lost that baby and just not sure what to do about it. Your post has inspired me to leave the wheel to the Lord.

Thanks,
Sheila

natasha salaash said...

That picture of Briton as the prisoner is the funniest picture I have ever seen. I even showed my husband and he had a good laugh too. the smile on his face makes it all the better! That is definately a keeper.
Natasha

Unknown said...

Sheila,

Your comment brings tears to my eyes. I am so touched that my post has inspired you to let the Lord lead your blessings. Please let me know if God sends another blessing your way! It would be the most amazing news for me to hear!

God bless,

Justine (PS Thank you for your faithful comments. I love reading comments and it inspires me to write when I know people enjoy reading.)

the Melodious Mama said...

Inshallah! this means if it be the will of God it will be. We named our "surprise" Noah Isaac Inshallah for this very reason. It is such an inspiration to have our lives guided and realize that we are not in control....which is for the BEST!!! lolol. When I look to the future I think "Inshallah"...its all about faith, hey?!

I find your family so affirming/inspiring. Thanks for sharing your journey Justine!

emily said...

Wow, he really is adorable!!!

HomoHausfrau said...

Thank you for sharing such an inspiring post!

As a person in my mid-twenties, I sometimes find it hard to remember that God's ultimately in control of our lives.

This is particularly true when it comes to having kids. I find that I have to often stop myself when I get into the "I'm never having kids" mode. God knows best and he'll bless my life with children if he sees fit.

p.s. I seriously laughed out loud at my desk at work at the picture of Briton all tied to the pole (and the olympic swimmer one, too!) What a cute little blessing he is!

darci said...

ok, i loved every single picture, but that last one i laughed so so hard. he is great!
i so know what you are saying. we (or at least my hubby!) were 'done' after our two gorgeous girls..then we both felt God saying so clearly that we were withholding blessing from ourselves..well, we tossed the b.c. (temporarily:) and immediately God gave us Ezri, our wonderful TRULY a blessing and joy to us..now we are adopting #4 and #5, and i tease my hubby that our vehicle seats 9, so...
i heard a quote once, something about in our society we apply for a debt and avoid a blessing, bc the Bible IS so clear always, that children are a blessing, a reward, not a curse. keep writing! we're reading. :) God bless. darci

Linda said...

Totally understand, Hubby had said no more and along came Penny. Don't get me wrong I love all of my children but she is such a blessing I really don't know what I would do without her, we are very best friends. Still want to steal your baby, I should have jumped at the chance when he was willing to come home with me. The photos are all great, they certainly brought a smile to my face.

Linda

Anonymous said...

He is adorable.

I love the last photo. I got a good laugh out of that one!

Zombie said...

This one is hillarious