Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Emergency Prayer Request

Hi friends,

Tonight my dad called me to tell me that my mum, who has diverticulitis, was taken to the local hospital for pain that she has had for the last two days. The doctor thought it was appendicitis but ruled it out. They gave her morphine and then transported her via ambulance to a larger town for an ultrasound.

My dad just called to update me. She has a perforated bowel. The doctor acted quickly and is doing surgery immediately. As I write, she is entering surgery (about 9:30 PM Pacific time). Please would you pray?

Apparently, her whole body has been poisoned by the perforation. She will be in ICU and they say she will get worse before she gets better because they have to clear the contamination from her entire system. She should be in hospital for 4-5 days, but if things get worse she will be transported to a even larger city.

Please pray that the doctor has wisdom and knows exactly how to deal with this. Also, that the antibiotics that they use to clean her system will be speedy and extremely effective.

And also, peace for my dad, as I am sure this is rather unsettling. Thank you so much!
.

7 comments:

Hi from Ruth! said...

Yes, will do Justine. Hang in there...thank God for hospitals and bigger cities, where she can get the care she needs.

Will be praying.

Ruth

Linda said...

Hang in there Justine, we will all do our best
to get your Mom well and give your poor dad
the support he needs. Thinking about all of you.

Luke Holzmann said...

Lord, I ask that You give the doctor wisdom as he decides what to do next. May the antibiotics be effective so Justine's mom can come home soon. Also, I do pray for peace for the whole family. May all the news they get be positive. May You be near everyone involved in this, and give Justine's dad peace and rest through this scary and uncertain time. Amen!

~Luke

Gwen said...

God is a God of miracles, and He does all things well. I'm praying for both of them. (And you too.) <3

Sharla said...

Justine,
I will be praying. I am so thankful that they caught it. Please update us when you can.

BCMommy said...

So sorry to hear this, Justine. I will be thinking of your Mom, Dad and your family and hoping that all goes smoothly and your Mom recovers well. Keep us posted!

Claire

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I will update you all later. Please do continue praying. They are being heard by heaven!