Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mr. Independence

One day when after I had taught Briton, he went off to play. Shortly after, I heard some rattling and it didn't seem to stop. Finally, I walked into the kitchen to check out what on earth was going on. This is what I saw...

 Briton told me he was cleaning out the drawer. Without even planning it he had created for himself a homeschool activity: sorting and classification!

 He then proceeded to clean out the drawer!

 I wish you could have heard the sounds I was hearing as I went and sat back at the kitchen table. Try taking all your tupperware out of your drawers or cupboards in the kitchen and rattle them around, as you throw them out onto the floor. Constantly. Well, that is the sound I was hearing. Once again, I peep into the kitchen to see what he is doing now... lol

Washing Out His Cloth
Next Chore
One last job. So funny. I had to have Austin sort the pantry after Briton had done his 'cleaning'. *grin* He had so much fun being Mr. Independent!

.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Boy he is growing, I could use his help around here but he would be a teenager before he got finished. Drawers and closets not my thing at all. Good job Briton.

emily said...

Wow! Way to go Briton. And I'd love to have him over to my place too!!!

darci said...

so cute!!! What a little man. love it. By the way, do you support arranged marriages, lol? (wink wink...JUST KIDDING! :)

Unknown said...

Darci,

Actually (lol) I do encourage friendships when we LOVE the family and the child!! lol WHO WOULDN'T??? Wouldn't we all like our children to marry into a family where they have similar values, lifestyles, choices, and faith as ourselves? *smile*

SO maybe one day my boys will meet your girls.... lol

Blessings, Justine

darci said...

sweet! (just read your response) :)
I feel the same actually..not 'arranged marriage' so to speak, but I honestly look around and think it has the potential to be HARD for our kids to find godly men and women who have been raised to love the Lord, work hard, etc. :) I have my eyes on a few boys, though, lol! :) have a great day. darci

dmvoccola said...

And I wonder what his spiritual gift is. ;) He is doing what I love--organizing!