Friday, November 19, 2010

The Trusses Arrive - August 30!

We had never seen so many trusses on a truck before! When Ray and I settled on this plan I, inexperienced I, had no idea what I was asking for!! This is a huge load of trusses!

I love this picture of the guys watching the trusses arrive. The men who built the house! And of course, Dane is playing it right up for the camera. *laugh*

The First Truss Drop

Love This Picture

This was a scary moment. The trusses were being lowered and they got stuck. The crane carries a lot of power as the trusses can swing in any direction and knock a person off the roof. In this case the trusses got wedged in a hole and the boys had to maneuver to get them out. I was breathing a sigh of relief when they swung clear!


.

1 comment:

Hi from Ruth! said...

I LOVE watching your house come up. I get so excited!!

How many square feet of living space will you have in it - it looks big!

Ruth