Monday, November 15, 2010

Cooper's Trip to Children's Hospital

Cooper had to stay up til midnight last night and get up this morning at 5:00 am. Talk about gross! I was so tired from driving, while trying to keep my arms from tensing up for the entire drive, that I needed a good sleep.

Well, Cooper enjoyed his evening! lol

He sat playing computer games, doing puzzles, and eating chocolate.

The next morning (today) we headed into the Big City where we had to be at Children's Hospital at 9:00 am. I love the treatment that that hospital gives. I always feel that they love children and they treat the mums nicely too!

We had a sweet girl from England (here one month) who did the EEG.

First she explained what she would do.

 Then she measured his head, so that she could attach the electrodes in all the correct places.

He was then all hooked up. She asked him to do different things, and then she had him fall asleep. And he did! 


We were then send to the Neuro-ophtalmologist for a thorough - did I say thorough- exam!

 "She's not going to look 'down there' is she?" He asked with a very worried expression. lol




Trying not to grin after the CT scan was done.

Cooper's take on the exams? 

"That was fun!"

Still waiting for results from the CT scan. Waiting is not easy!
.

2 comments:

Hi from Ruth! said...

Oh, how scary as a parent, to be awaiting test results...praying with you, Justine.

If his smiles (and the twinkle in his eyes) are any indication, he's doing great.

I'll keep watching for your updates...hope all's well.

Ruth

Linda said...

So VERY glad to hear Cooper is okay. Hopefully it will all go away and stay away. You were so lucky to get all the testing done in one day. It is the red hair, my doctor told me years ago to expect the unexpected being a red head and have had others tell my children the same thing. Nobody ever said why this is. Big hugs to Cooper for being such a trooper through all of this. I think another trip to Tim Hortons is in order.