Friday, November 26, 2010

Trusses, Roof, and Windows - For You, Ruth

I thought that since you are such a devoted fan *smile* that I should dedicate this post to you. It would have been longer, but I can't get the photo at the bottom to move up to allow more typing and pictures, so I will have to do a follow-up post.

It turned out that these trusses were incorrectly fabricated, causing Ray to have a great deal of difficulty working with them. We had to have some altered trusses brought in. This slowed the process dramatically.

The Garage


In answer to Ruth's question, the upper two floors are 3500 square feet. There is also a full basement of 2400 square feet, which will have all the extra rooms: guest room, boys' room, tv room, games room, storage room, and playroom. All the rooms you want in a house. This is the third time we have built a house. The first time we picked a 28 x 28 size and built within it. It was so tiny that we ended up not using the closets for clothes, but instead, built bunkbeds into the space, to allow the children more room to play in the 9x9 rooms. We ended up adding onto that house a livingroom and office.

The house we are in now is nice, but we would love to have somewhere for the young adults to spend their time in the evenings, since we seem to keep acquiring more small people. This way they have somewhere that they can make noise, instead of always hearing: There are children in bed!

Beginning the Roofing

Back of House
Ray way up on the roof!

Front of House
(the girls room is the room in the peak of the house)



Windows Arriving



 Dane Roofing






3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, Justine...it is going to be amazing! I'm envious of ALL that space (my house is only 1315 sq. feet), although there is only the 3 of us, ha ha. Love the pics!

Hi from Ruth! said...

Thanks for the nod, Justine!! I smiled when I saw my name up top of the post. Yes, I'm fascinated, watching the house go up. And all of that space (upper two plus the basement) is going to be incredible with your mix of young and older children.

A lot of house to keep clean, too, but then, you do have all of those young and older children!!

Keep the progress reports coming. I'm already looking forward to the next one...which I saw already posted.

Blessings, my friend.

Ruth

darci said...

sweet! you just gave me our solution....we have been wondering how on earth to fit 3 kids into our teeny bedrooms...now we know. bunkbeds in the closets! :) perfect!