Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Crazy Little Niece

While at my sister's this Christmas, I had the pleasure of seeing her daughter's 'other' side. She is a hoot!! To me, I believe everyone should experience a boy. Well, my sister's first child is a sweet, kind little girl. But she is all girl. Ahria, on the other hand, is almost boy. *grin* I LOVE it!! Of course, I am partial to boys, so what can I say. *smile*

What I discovered while trying to take her picture is that this little girl can NOT just take a picture. She must perform. She is only two years old, but what an actress!! It wasn't until I was watching her totally UNable to take a normal picture that I realized who she resembled! My dad's sister, Auntie Lorna, in England. I told my Dad and he totally agreed. The ironic thing is that she even looks the spitting image of her!! Too cute!

So here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. My sister asked me to dress her and I had the pleasure of picking out a dress from her closet and putting her hair in the cutest little braids. I then stood her in front of the tree and told her Auntie wanted to take a picture. And this is what I got:




And finally, when I walked over to her and gently placed her hands by her side and said, "Ahria, just put your hands like this, okay?" this is what I got:

Look at her stiff little hands. She has no clue how to just stand still. She HAS to pose!! So cute!

Then later, at the dinner table, I wanted a picture of her and Briton cause they are so adorable. Well, here we go again. *laugh* Briton loves to have his picture taken and posed accordingly. Ahria....

She just couldn't resist...
.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Justine
You have been busy blogging and I love it. Great photos and stories. Hi to all of you.