Thursday, January 21, 2010

God's Provisions

I think it is time I gave God His own post. You see, there are so many times when I see provision in our life and I praise Him. But really, this is a journal and what better place to record how good He is to us than in our family journal!

Example:

This week I changed our menu. We have a three month, 2 week menu. This way we have a set menu for three months and I know what we are eating. We have fourteen different things, so we only encounter the same items twice a month. It works well for a number of reasons, including the fact that the children can be taught to cook because they know which items are on the menu, and they have three months to become proficient.

So, as I said, on Monday I changed our menu. This is a picture of the new menu:


The interesting thing is that the next day our dear friend who supplies us with bread gave me a call and asked if I needed any bread? Well, the funny thing was that that very day I was making buns for the first time in years because I had run out and I committed myself to making Sloppy Joes *before* I had looked in the freezer to see if I had buns. Of course I would have buns! I always had and abundance of buns. Right? Wrong! This day I had no buns. So out came the bread machine.

Then the phone rang, and I said, "Yes! I can use some buns!" Her husband, Bill, came by a few minutes later and he had lots of boxes of buns. I took what I could use and my son carried them down to the freezer room.


It wasn't until later that evening that I was unpacking the bread and buns into the freezer that I saw God's specific provision. Garlic bread.


If you notice my menu, it says Spaghetti/Garlic Bread/Salad. Well, I don't usually write such a detailed menu, but this time I did because I wanted to be sure to get my vegetables and salads on the menu because I have been notorious for slipping in that regard.

As I wrote garlic bread on the menu, I remember thinking that I would just have to get off my lazy butt and make the stuff. I certainly wasn't buying it! I never buy it. Much too expensive! So there I was all ready to do a little extra work to make my meal more than just a meal, and God honoured and blessed my busy little life by sending me the bread.

That is just another way that God honours us mums that have big families. He knows how much time it takes. One loaf of bread for you is three loaves of bread for us.

God is good - all the time!
.


2 comments:

Gwen said...

And all the time... God is good! :)

He IS faithful, in small things as well as large ones. How exciting and encouraging to watch Him give gifts to His kids!

Sharla said...

He even cares about us in the little things!