Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hula Christmas Performance

Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com

Before you turn on this dance performance, please pause the music on the right hand side. Then, if the video starts out choppy, let it keep loading and the move the slider back to the beginning. It will smooth itself out and play properly once it has had a chance to load completely.

Raine went to do a performance for her hula class. It turned out that she was a special 'guest star' because my mother happened to be in the audience. Neither knew the other was there. At the end of the performance my mother stood up in the audience and pointed to Raine and said, "I'm claiming that one. She's my granddaughter."

The lady putting on the event asked which child and Raine waved her hand. To this the audience gave a round of applause. It was so sweet that what was a typical Christmas party for my mother's volunteer group became a personal recital for her from her granddaughter!

This video shows Raine doing part of her dance. She did not like her outfit she had to wear. Her other outfits are modest and sweet; this one was
not something I would have preferred. The teacher is big on modesty, but had only enough fabric to make these small tops. She does put the girls in two grass skirts with black leggings underneath, so that is nice. Raine came home and said to me, "Mum, that top is gross!" lol

You can see her beautiful rhythm with the music. I wish I had more to show you, but someone else took the video and the photos were blurry. It is hard to get pictures close-up because whoever takes Raine to her performance ends up at the back of the room. I will upload a blurry picture to show you her pretty other dress.

.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Oooh! That girl has RHYTHM!!! She looks beautiful. Well done Raine!

Hi from Ruth! said...

I love it! Raine's so beautiful and graceful...and so grown-up looking!

Ruth

PS Welcome back to blogging Justine!

the Melodious Mama said...

she is brilliant!!! a very gifted dancer!!!