Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank you - Edited

Thank you to all of my friends who prayed or were thinking of us this week as we had to leap with great faith over yet another huge hurdle in this housebuilding project.

God really is a God of Miracles!

My biggest concern was that the roof would have to have a hole torn in it to repair what they wanted changed. Now, that is not saying that my husband stated that would have to be done, but given he doesn't really elaborate on facts very well I had no clue. And honestly, I don't know if he knew to what extent the problem would have to be repaired.

I tried to see the blessings in the problem and there were some: it happened right before Christmas meaning my husband was off for a few days anyway. Then he had a tiny job he could work on to bring in some much needed funds, so that worked out nicely.

We had to have an engineer come in and we were quoted one coming from the Big City. I thought, when I wrote asking for prayer, that we would be looking at $500, and that was too much as far as I was concerned! Naive me! It turned out that the quote we got was for $2500 plus tax for the initial inspection and recommendations, and then we would pay an additional $250 for each other inspection until it passed the final inspection on the framing. Wow!

My husband had found another guy in our town that was a steel engineer, but we found that he had worked with the log builders, so I knew there was  a good chance he would be good enough for us. Ray decided to use him, even though I wasn't 100% certain that we would get the information we needed from him, and might therefore, end up hiring the other guy after all, thus throwing us back even more financially, plus another week or so behind.

But Ray felt it was the thing to do, so we did it. And I am glad that  was what he decided!!

This guy came in on my son's 6th birthday and checked the job. Ray came home and told me he had some repairs to do but they were all doable!! So praising God!! And it turned out the repairs were relatively small, and so on Tuesday the inspector came in and gave us the PASSING STAMP!!!! Yeah, back to work on our beautiful home! So very thankful! Just one more HUGE roadblock that we have passed!

Thank you to all who told me they were thinking or praying for us. I love the fact that I have the support of such good friends, many of whom I have not even had the pleasure of meeting!

We are now onto the insulation stage. The boys have the heating finished and the heating guys will be in this week to hook it all up and then Ray will get the huge outside furnace running and soon the house will be toasty warm. At that point, and not before, my little troops and I will head out to do our part: play (them) and insulate (me). If I am lucky, lots will be done before I get there! (smile)

Update: I should just mention that this guy was NOT $2500 plus, plus, plus. He is $75 an hour, so we can expect to save at least half of the money!!

Love, Justine


5 comments:

Mrs Changstein said...

*sounds of wild cheering!!* Yay - God is good - all the time. So happy for you all & will keep praying for you during the stressful process of building and finishing!

BCMommy said...

So happy for you, Justine!!!! What great news. Here's hoping you can rest easy now and that the remainder of the build will go smoothly!

:)

Claire

Learning Together at Home said...

Yay yay yay Justine! I am so thankful for all the ways God has met you through this whole process! What a great family legacy story that your kids are not only living through, but they will remember it and He who did it!

Unknown said...

Linda,

Thanks for asking about Cooper. A couple more flashes, some weak legs, and a little tummy here and there. I think we might be dealing with anxiety. I will keep watching it, but it lines up with what he was like when he was smaller.

Justine

Karen said...

Praise God!