Thursday, January 6, 2011

Prayer Request

I hope I can ask a request of my Christian friends. We have hit an 'impossible' roadblock in our housebuilding. Now I say 'Impossible' but I know that with God, All Things Are Possible, but to my small human mind and anyone else looking at the situation, we have hit something huge.

There is a problem with the plans for our house. The roof is on, the framing is complete, the plumbers have begun, the electrician has finished his rough-in, we are ready for insulating. We called for inspection on December 23rd. It failed.

That has happened, perhaps two or three times, in my husband's 24 years of building houses. He is *the best*. I know it, others know it.

This plan was strange. It is an American plan and our inspectors needed it done a certain way to be sure it conformed to Canadian standards. Fine. Trusses were fabricated and the house was built.

So now we have hit this spot where the inspector has a problem with the roof/trusses. It has to have an engineer come in, inspect it, tell my husband was has to change, and then be reinspected. We have already been on hold for two weeks.

We have been told we will have to bring in an engineer from the Big City, because we don't have what they need around here. This will be more time and quite possibly, lots of money we do not have. 

More importantly, it *has to be fixable*. Whatever their problem is, it has to be able to be fixed.

Please pray, if you are so led:

1) we can get an engineer in quickly.

2) the problem is really quite simple and we can move forward quickly.

I do know that God brought us this far and we have no end of issues that have miraculously be ironed out. This may be just one more. That is what I am going to believe. But in the meantime, I am telling myself to not worry. *smile* Keep the faith. So thank you for praying!

Thank you for your support! I'll let you know how it goes.
.

9 comments:

Linda said...

So sorry you are still having to deal with this. You are right Ray is the best he will succeed in fixing whatever they come up with but what a pain. Consider your request done, still working on the other one too. Let us know how they both work out. By the way if the inspector thinks it is wrong why can't he tell you what to change if he is so smart.

Hi from Ruth! said...

Well, I seem to have a very keen interest in the building of your house, so you bet I'll pray!

God hasn't brought you this far to leave you behind now. He has already done so much in the building of this house. Hang in there...it will be resolved.

BLessings and prayers Justine! As soon as I finish writing this, I will pray.

Ruth

Karen said...

ugh! I was wondering the same thing... if the inspector can tell you it's not right, why can't he tell you what needs to be done? How discouraging! Praying it gets sorted out quickly and easily, without huge bills.

Gwen said...

Will definitely pray. God knows what He's doing, and His plan is perfect! Keep your eyes on Him -- if there's one thing I know that YOU know, it's that He's the God of miracles! :) I'll be praying.

Learning Together at Home said...

Absolutely praying. God has a good plan for you, Justine.

Sharla said...

God hasn't brought you this far and cleared so many obstacles already for you to be stopped now. I will be praying. Stay encouraged. And keep us informed.

ChristyCanuck said...

Justine, thinking of you a lot and hoping all is well with your house.

Mrs Changstein said...

Still thinking about & praying for you! Cindy

Judy said...

So happy to hear that things have worked out. It seems that these things that come up...and they always do, just help to keep us on our knees. I prayed for you and this situation and once again God has cleared the path.