Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

We have had a busy Christmas season. First, we had St. Nicholas day on December 6, followed by Christmas Eve where the children exchange their gifts and they receive gifts from my mother-in-law. On Christmas day our immediate family celebrated Christmas by ourselves. And then because of the Big Snow that happened on the coast, my sister and her family were held up. So we had a day off on Boxing Day. Then the day after Boxing Day they arrived and my parents came over also. They all stayed over night and we had a wonderful Christmas dinner - again. They also had a chance to have the first viewing of our complete hour long video of Ethiopia - the one I broke into segments.

Austin Shooting Colt

Always the Camera Clown


The boys went shopping together. They told each other what they wanted to ensure they got it: Toblerone chocolate.

Gift From Cassidy to Briton - Dinosaurs Colouring Book


Colt is into rock music and we managed to find him the last five years of hit Christian artists on DVD - music videos. He was so greatful for this one gift and I had told him he only had the one gift. When would he like to receive it? Now, or save it til later. He replied, "It's not the present, it's the thought behind it." So typical of this boy. *smile*

What he wasn't aware of was I had a hidden last big surprise for him in the basement. I waited til the little ones went to bed and we had tidied up the house and then I sent him to the basement to get something for me. He missed the box that was right in the pathway, so I had to send him back: "While you are down there can you bring me that box by the entrance?"



Gadisae put her stethascope on Cooper's heart and declared she could hear his heart: "She can hear my heart!!" Cooper was beyond shocked.


Sound Asleep With Their Presents
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!! It was great here too. Can't get over how similar your girls facial expressions are to Selam!! Its incredible!
love, Natasha

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos Justine I love the ones of them sleeping with their gifts. Looks like Briton received a car and cel phone along with his coloring book. I had great intentions but barely took a photo and that is a shame because it isn't every day they dress up.