Thursday, December 18, 2008

Funny Speechisms

I love to hear how the girls are progressing. Gadisae is moving along very slowly, but Mesai is flying.

The other day I heard Mesai leading Gadisae. Mesai was doing a puzzle and Gadisae wanted to join her. These two girls have an amazing relationship. They are very loving towards each other and they simply submit to each other.

Gadisae asked: Me puzzle?

Mesai replied: English. Think. More words. (hmm I wonder where she got those words? LOL)

Gadisae: Me play puzzle?

Mesai: Can I play?

Gadisae: Can I play?

Mesai: Can I play puzzle with you, please?

Gadisae: Can I play puzzle with you, please?

Gadisae was so patient and willing to be helped through her speech learning.

Tonight, Gadisae was in front of the mirror admiring her 'bushy hair' *smile*. They had just bathed and I had brushed out their little afros after I had put in conditioning cream. She ran off to see how it looked.

As she stood smiling in front of the mirror she said, "See Mum!"

"Yes, long hair!" I replied.

(remember I taught Gadisae if she ate her vegetables with a happy heart her hair would grow and soon catch up with Mesai's)

Mesai was standing by me and she, being little Miss Quick Wit, says: "Eat vegetables, be happy. Don't vorry, be happy."

I had recently taught her that funny phrase from long ago. I told her only one time, but she remembered it. That little girls learns fast!

As well as she is learning English, so is Cooper learning broken English. Tonight I asked who had done something and his reply? "No me."

You see, that is what Briton says, and Gadisae has picked it up and now there are two little ones saying it. When it was just Briton speaking poorly, Cooper had a chance, but now that there are two or three talking in broken English, he has no hope!! LOL!
.
.

No comments: