Monday, December 15, 2008

The Laundry Queen

Mesai is only 5 + years old, but she is so great at doing laundry that I have crowned her the "Laundry Boss". She was quite chuffed when I told her this. She is very aware the Daddy and I are the Boss, and she knows that when we are gone that her big brothers are the Boss. So when I told her that she was the Laundry Boss she recognized the honour.

Our kids all fold their own laundry - and the bigger ones run the machine and wash theirs too. One day I saw how nicely Mesai had folded the laundry in her drawers. I had shown her one time what I wanted done and she had not forgotten. She doesn't forget much!

A few days later, Cassidy and Mesai were folding the laundry and I asked Mesai to teach Cassidy how to fold the pants properly. I have taught my boys these things, but honestly, my standards have dropped to the point of 'whatever' because it just wasn't important enough to stress about. But Mesai proved herself very capable, so I kept teaching her.


Here is Mesai and Cassidy Having a Lesson in Pant Folding

Notice the smug look on Mesai's face? What a little tease. Cassidy is still struggling to get his pants folded and Mesai is already done a perfect fold. Wonder why she is the Laundry Boss?!! *laugh* As she grows, her job will change. Right now she does her own laundry and teaches and inspects her sister's folding. Eventually, over the next years she will become responsible for the whole job. That will include inspecting her brothers bedroom drawers (always a mess, but hopefully the standards will improve with a new system), making sure laundry is done on the designated days, and any other laundry jobs.
.
.

No comments: